Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Privately by Cyra Elia

Privately was originally written by myself and Cyra around 2001 and featured Ian "Brooke" Marshall on guitar, Cyra on vocals and myself on keyboards. The track went down well at gigs but as a recording it just didn't meld. Two and half years ago I uploaded the original version as a download even though I wasn't happy with it. It wasn't long after when our old guitarist, original member Dave Sharples, heard it and contacted Cyra on Facebook and was hooked on it straight away. He had come up with some guitar hooks and sounds that he thought would compliment the track. In December 2007, Boxing Day, we met up for the first time since 1998 and headed straight to the studio to work on a new version.
New keyboards were layered, new vocals were recorded along with backing vocals and several new guitar tracks were applied to the original recording. After two days recording it was almost ready to mix down. After a few little edits, a snip here, a snip there, a few mind altering drugs... no wait, I can't remember that bit... anyhow, I give you "Privately".
Remember, if you like the track then please consider using the "Honesty Policy". All I ask for is a small donation (paid via PayPal)... I don't mind if it's a cent, a nickle, a dime, a dollar, a quid, a euro. Half of all donations go to Breast Cancer Research charity.






No comments: